Kirsty has been making these bags for over 10 years. She first made these super sturdy bags for herself to carry heavy shopping home and to use everyday. Then friends bought them. Then friends of friends. They were the first Klay items we sold and were one of the reasons we ended up setting up the website!
These simple bag have high quality detailing and strong materials. They are bags that we are told get used everyday over years for many things: carrying lap tops, books, groceries, flowers, laundry, weekend trips and just everyday stuff that goes into bags! We are told they are good for putting new baby stuff into too.
The bags are designed so you can be used with the canvas up (if it is filled with stuff), or folded over, rolled or scrunched down, when there is less stuff inside.
This is a slightly updated version of the one we have done in the past. The changes are that the black and natural colours now have 100% cotton straps and that the straps on all are slightly longer than they used to be.
- Immaculately finished throughout, including traditional reinforced flat felled seams and binding around the bottom.
- Two internal pockets.
- Pure cotton heavy duty canvas. The natural canvas is a thick 14oz. The black feels stiffer/ thicker because of the finish.
- Straps are comfortable and sturdy due to them being made from a soft, wide herringbone weave.
- The full black and full natural canvas bags have cotton straps.
- The yellow straps are made from polypropylene.
- All straps are locally made in Tamaki Makaurau.
- Straps have been pre-shrunk.
- These bags are made in Aotearoa.
The bags are 37cm wide, 43cm high by 14cm deep. The internal pockets are 12cm deep x 18cm wide. Strap length from where they are sewn at the top is 76cm.
Care: The creamy natural canvas bags can be washed in the machine on a gentle/ low spin cycle/ cold water/ gentle laundry liquid. It is best to hand wash the black bags to avoid fading/ streaks. Drip dry. Never use a dryer to dry these. Care directions are sewn into each bag and you can also read more on our Product Care page.
Afterpay payment method is only available for orders over $200.